Do you know the worst thing about the new Star Trek movie? I just saw it today, I know, but, did you notice that part where the guy who plays Sherlock in Sherlock was running across the road, and those futuristic cars that float in the air had to screech to avoid hitting him? You did shey? Screech oh! Screech! Like they had to go, craaaaaas..shrreeee…screeeech to avoid him. Cars that float in the air. Screeching. Later they’ll put J. J. Abrams on par with Spielberg. Zeb Ejiro-wannabe nigga!
Anyway, today halfway through my weekly blog rounds (any period of Free Wifi when there’s nothing to do except wait for downloads to finish and laugh through awesome posts), I remembered I’ve not posted my Lieber and ehm..well, I’m supposed to, at least before I’m no longer eligible. So, I went back to the place where I was nominated and then I…
This is not how they do it.
Let’s start afresh. The Liebster blog award.
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 wordpress followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
What? I qualify. I’m pleasant and cute and welcome. I’m a very welcome guy really.
Okay, when I got nominated for the Liebster, I was shocked, and pleased, and annoyed it hadn’t come earlier. What? I’m cocky on Fridays. Yes, I think it was a Friday. [Tell me, please tell me, you saw something there. No? Nothing? All that pum, nothing poked out? Okay, I’m overdoing this.] Anyway, it was really surprising when Haphenie nominated me for the Liebster, cool peoples she is, but I admit I did not know she thought that highly of me. It was an ego boost that day, the pleasure kept me going for weeks, that is until almost a month later when I realised I didn’t even comment on the post to say my thanks. I’ve been shy about it since. Forgive me Haphenie.
Thank you so much for nominating me. Thank you. Really meant a lot. I would send you a kiss smiley, but I don’t have your pin or your phone number. Email me maybe?
Thank you really.
Moving on. First thing, the RULES.
Like a secondary school friend used to say, Lures and legurations. I found it funny then. I still laugh now. Over eight years since I saw him, and it’s still funny. Come to think of it, he was Igbo. Explains a lot. LOL!
Sorry. I don’t really have much cause to laugh these days. (˘_˘)
Lures. Legurations. LOL!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions they have asked you
- Nominate 11 other people
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
And yeah, let them know you nominated them.
Okay, I’ve thanked Haphenie. Now, the Janus Facts of Random.
- I started writing before I can remember. Till date I have family friends who haven’t seen me in maybe sixteen years come over to the house and go, “Hey, do you still write all those your stories?” Then they go into paroxysms of laughter. (¬_¬)
- My driver’s license gives me at 1.74m. I think it’s a lie. I’m taller.
- I started keeping an afro in a very serious effort to look like Drake. Now I look like a cross between Mexican Bruno Mars and The Weeknd.
- My favourite rock band is Mumford and Sons.
- I started blogging because of @RavingFred and my initial mentors then were @Sirkastiq, @Wana____ and somebody else from TheNakedConvos, I forget now.
- Haphenie isn’t the first person to nominate me for a Liebster. The first person who did, made the mistake of notifying me via the comment box on my blog. I saw the comment, assumed it was spam, and deleted it. I was new to WordPress then, forgive me. If you’re out there, I don’t hate you. I love you in fact. Thank you in ehm..incognito?
- I love sleeping on the floor. Not because my rug is that soft. My bed is a bit lumpy, and it’s a good way to get girls to say: “Haba na, that hard floor? Oya come and join me on the bed, or I’ll come to the floor with you.” 😀
- I want to be a writer when I grow up. A real writer. With millions of publications, and a jet, like John Grisham. I also want to teach. I love to talk to people. Robert Ludlum (his soul rest in peace), is one of my favourite authors. And a mentor.
- I realise I must have listed more than one fact in (8) above.
- One of my favourite quotes is, “Moderation in all things, including Moderation. – Petronius”. It’s a maxim really. Another fave is, “Christophorus Christum, sed Christus substulit orbem: constiterit pedibus dic ubi Christophorus?” That’s the Eternal Conundrum.
- I’m a Christian. I love GOD. I fear GOD. I worship GOD. You should get to know HIM.
Okay, we’re done with that.
Now, the hard part, the questions Haphenie asked me.
1. What do you treasure most?
Family. Friends. Maybe my reputation. My external Hardrive with over 500GB of important stuff. [>_>]
2. Who is your icon?
Most of my icons are fictional characters. Characters created by me inclusive. None of these humans are good enough.
3. One word that best describes you?
Histrionic. It means theatrical. Dramatic. I tend to grossly overplay scenarios. I’m a drama queen, according to my girlfriend. What does she know? *adjusts tutu*
4. If you had the power to make a permanent change in the world, what will it be?
Love. Brotherly love. By a wave of hand, if I could, I’ll place brotherly love in all our hearts. No, Macklemore. No. Not you.
5. What won’t you be caught dead wearing?
Well, I wore a satin nightgown in the middle of a drunken fit last night, but nah..won’t be caught dead wearing them.
6. What is your favorite fashion accessory?
My bracelets. My younger sister makes them. At a very steep price I tell you! Like 1000N for one! I mean, we’re family! And you’ll wonder why I never buy her recharge cards.
7. Is there any part of your body you aren’t comfortable with?
Ehm…when I was younger I had this very long head. Well, I sport a wicked afro now. Hahahahahahaha! Die haters!
8. In the next five years, where do you see yourself ?
In school. Studying for my PhD. ( ,_,)
Sugar-less garri life, i tell you…
9. Favorite cartoon character?
LOOOOL! I have no idea. Do you watch animation these days? These things are too hilarious. How do you choose?
10. Best movie / novel?
I love the ‘A song of Ice and Fire’ series by GRRM. Right now, I’m still thrilled by ‘The Great Gatsby’ I saw yesterday.
11. Your favorite sport?
I can swim. It’s got to be my best eh?
Okay, we are done with that. Now, the nominees.
In no particular order, and maybe selected based on some kind under-table sorting:
Malick, Cikko, Owex_, Zeenike, Haphenie, Vundie, Jyte Dunni Dammyoguns ehm…a lot more people I would love to include in this list, but alas, either they’ve gone past the limit of 200 wordpress followers or they are on that wretched blogspot.com. *spits*
Anyway, my questions for them:
- Do you love cheeseballs?
- Given a choice between three 1000N notes and ten 200N notes, which would you pick?
- Without reserve, to what degree do you think I’m awesome?
- Who’s your favourite novel/movie/cartoon/animation character?
- Why do you write?
Do you love cheeseballs?Do you plan to make a career out of writing? Explain. (Yes, my ‘The Teacher’ moniker is not joke)
- Rats or roaches?
- If I were a contestant in the Presidential elections, would you vote me?
- What is your opinion of the Eternal conundrum?
- If GOD is Sovereign and knows all, what is the point of prayer?
- Do you read ‘motivational’ books? [This determines whether I kick you off any future Leiber lists I may draw]
Well, that’s it folks. the Leibster post is at an end.
That string of Latin, for those of us too lazy to google, reads simply: “Christopher bore Christ; Christ bore the whole world; Say where did Christopher then put his foot?”
Don’t forget to follow those amazing writers I nominated. Visit their blogs, loads of awesome stuff.
Like our page on Facebook, click on the Follow button at the top of your screen, and follow me on Twitter @janus_aneni
Peace to mankind.
PS: I really love cheeseballs. And I’m going to get some flak over this post.